First Week of Classes
Pursuant to a discussion at a November Learning conference this summer, I’ve decided to spend the first week of classes teaching my IB students about some internet tools and tips for their research, both in IB and in college.
Here’s the itinerary for the first week:
- Expectations of my class
- Sample video
- Navigating my course website
- Introduction to QR codes
- Treasure hunt activity using QR codes
- Introduction of math poetry project based on www.sixwordstories.net
- More efficient Google searching
- Country codes and internet suffixes
- Using the “site:” command
- Introduction to Easywhois.com
- Introduction of Archive.org (with the WayBackMachine)
- Introduction to Diigo
We can always start math next week, right?